This falls in the realm of sickness. I have a 13 year old son and if she'd done something like that to him, prison would be the least of her worries.
I know it's Valentines Day and love abounds. But man this is a little to weird. I may be ole school. But this borders on needing severe doses of medications and mental help.
Mary Kay Letourneau plans to marry the former sixth-grade pupil with whom she had two children, months after her release from prison for raping him, according to an online bridal registry.
Letourneau, 43, and Vili Fualaau, 22, set a wedding date of April 16, according to their registry at a department store. Letourneau served 7 1/2 years on a 1997 conviction for raping Fualaau, who has said in the past that he hoped to wed his former teacher.
"It's been long overdue," Noel Soriano, a friend of the couple, told the Seattle Post-Intelligencer in a story published Monday. "It's going to be fabulous, seeing them get hitched finally."
A lawyer for Fualaau and a friend of Letourneau did not immediately return calls Monday seeking further comment.
Letourneau was a 34-year-old married mother of four when she began a sexual relationship with her then-12-year-old elementary school student in 1996. She was pregnant with Fualaau's first child when she was arrested in 1997 and ordered to serve a six-month sentence for second-degree child rape.
One month after she was released, Letourneau was caught having sex with Fualaau in her car. She pleaded guilty in 1997 to two charges of child rape, and gave birth to the couple's second daughter while serving her 7 1/2-year sentence. Fualaau's mother is raising their two daughters, aged 6 and 7.
Shortly after Letourneau was released from prison last August, the pair successfully petitioned a judge to lift a no-contact order that had barred them from seeing each other.
Soriano said Fualaau proposed last fall, but the couple has been trying to keep wedding details a secret. Details are yet to be completed, but plans call for their daughters to be flower girls, he said.
"They have gone through a lot," Soriano said. "That they lasted this long proves how strong their love is."
This falls in the realm of sickness. I have a 13 year old son and if she'd done something like that to him, prison would be the least of her worries.
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
Well some advice bro. I have learned there is a chance of it happening at any school.
The percentage drops. But there is at least a 1 in 10 chance of it happening at any school of any size and any population.
And yes i am quite shocked. Didn't realize it was that common. I never had teachers that was that great looking, one or two and i being male seems to be the acception.
Most are female teachers long for younger males. Even though the evidence now evident it is male and female teachers.
Got to make you wonder. But oh well. Im ole school.
Yeah a good looking teacher was a plus. But i'd rather had the girl who was the biggest flirt, who you knew was a flirt but everyone wanted.
Now you don't have to do that. Find a teacher your in good shape.![]()
Wasn't there a teacher (female) who got caught doing "tha thang" with one of her student over in the Tri Cities here recently?
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
Yep, back in November or December I believe from Bristol Middle School I believe. Right in front of the kids parents house in her car.
You also had the pretty good looking gal down in Florida I believe that got caught about the same time.
Also, last year in Ashe County, NC I believe a former ETSU womens player, then womens basketball coach at the high school got caught with one of her players I believe.
Its pretty amazing that things like this are happening.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Bookmarks